Monday, November 13, 2006

DAY 6 -- CONFIGURATION A

30 Days, 30 Gods -- A study of little-known religions

DAY 6

CONFIGURATION A

There are 27 gods. One for each bed. Father reckons each god must be taller than 25 men, because their beds are further across than our whole village laying head-to-foot. Father has never seen the gods. We take good care of their giant beds. We stay in the houses the gods left for us (Father won't tell me why the houses are us-sized instead of god-sized) underneath their beds. When the sky is black we stay down there for weeks, but we haven't had to do that as much lately.

I think that when Mara and Marta have their babies, and there are 27 of us, we'll be the gods. Or the gods will come back down to us. I told Mother this and she laughed and told me the gods won't come back, they were all extinguished. I asked her what that word meant, and she said they were burned up with all the Citipeople.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home