Monday, July 17, 2006

Amber Waves of Pain

Our United States Air Force is currently recruiting with photocopied fliers posted (with permission? unlikely) at an Amaco talking about their great benefits ... and mentioning their Myspace page. Freaking awsome.

I had a great dinner this evening with MNO. Dude has some much positive energy. Not in some hippy way, I mean, he's got a lot of energy and he's totally upbeat. We ate Bazbaux and drank Hennepin.

Tomorrow evening I'm having dinner with my father.

I was driving home from MNO and it was warm and I took off my shoes and socks. I've always heard it's illegal to drive barefoot -- probably because it feels so good. Only barefoot do I really understand the spring mechanism of the gas pedal. Only barefoot can I wrap my toes around the top of the accelerator. I love to drive barefoot in Indiana in the summer. Driving home this evening I had that ever-so-slightly out-of-body feeling that I always associate with visiting California -- the sun rises and sets at the wrong time and it's all flat and green and new and the people are all wearing shorts. Indiana is not California, but for a few minutes I could listen to the radio and pretend.

I wonder if the recruiter tore off any of the number slips at the bottom of the sign himself. I know if I was putting signs like that up I'd take one off to make it look, you know, popular. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home